Replicating real life colors is not an easy task. If you have seen a color somewhere and want to use it in one of your online designs, you will have to go through quite a bit of trial and error before you reach success. Fortunately for Android device owners, a much simpler solution exists in the form of SwatchMatic.
SwatchMatic is a free to use smartphone application that is compatible with Android devices. The app is sized at nearly 400 KB and requires Android version 2.2 or later. SwatchMatic’s function is to break down a picture into its color palette. Therefore to have a real life color detected, all you have to do is point your phone’s camera to it and let the app do the rest: not is your desired color detected, but you are also given five other beautiful colors that match your detected color.
When your color palette is created, you can share the image as a robot made up of your colors; names and color codes of the colors in your palette are shown next to the robot.
- A user-friendly phone app.
- Compatible with Android devices.
- Lets you detect real life colors with your phone’s camera.
- Provides names and color codes of detected colors.
- Similar tool: SplashCam.
- Also read related articles: 5 Ways To Have Fun With Your Android Phone Camera and 7 Best Free Android Apps to Turn Your Device Into A Digital Toolbox.
Check out SwatchMatic @ play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appbaan.swatchmatic (by MOin from Thumb Press)