Mac computers offer their users numerous features that make tasks more convenient. But when it comes to selecting large blocks of text, you will find that the task could be improved on the Mac trackpad. Here to help improve that is a tool called SlideMode.
SlideMode is a freeware application, sized at nearly 8 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later. The app adds a keyboard shortcut and this helps you copy large blocks of text in an easier way. This feature within the app is called SlideSelection. With it enabled, you can hold down the Shift and Control keys to highlight blocks of text by gesturing upwards or downwards. Smaller blocks can be selected by gesturing sideways.
Other features of the app include DockShow for quickly hiding the Dock, and Slide for swapping between desktops.
- A user-friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Mac computers.
- Makes it easy to copy large blocks of text.
- Offers a feature to quickly hide the Dock.
- Also read related articles: MagicPrefs: Another Powerful Mouse & Trackpad App and Become A Power Trackpad User With BetterTouchTool.