There are a number of note taking applications for iOS devices. But most of them offer very basic functionality without note organization. If you are looking for a plain text editor and organizer, check out Plain Text.
Plain Text is a free application for iOS devices. Sized at 1.3 MB the app requires your iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad to run iOS 3.0 or later. The app lets you create notes and store them. In addition to that you can create folders to organize your notes.
Since the app works strictly with plain text, it stores notes in the TXT file format extension. You can create and edit TXT notes in the app’s interface that is very paper-like, keeping focus on the text and little else.
Dropbox users can connect their Dropbox account with the app and have their Plain Text notes uploaded to their Dropbox account.
- Note organizer and plain text editor for iPad & iPhone.
- Tiny size ““ 1.3 MB.
- Compatible with all iOS devices.
- Lets you create and organize notes in folders.
- Works with TXT files.
- Has a paper-like interface.
- Lets you upload notes to your Dropbox account.
- Similar tools: textPlus and DragonDictate.
Check out Plain Text @ www.hogbaysoftware.com/products/plaintext