Online speed tests are fine if you want to get an overall estimate of your Internet connection. But what tool do you use in case you want to know the instantaneous download and upload speeds of your Internet? The answer is a freeware app called NetSpeedMonitor.
NetSpeedMonitor is a free to use desktop application for Windows computers. The app is a lightweight tool that quickly installs and prompts you to specify the program language and select the connection you want monitored. With these options set, you find the app displaying the upload and download speeds in the Windows taskbar, right next to the System Tray.
You can right-click on these speeds and select “Connections” to view which apps are using Internet connections.
- A user-friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Windows computers.
- Lets you monitor instantaneous upload and download speeds.
- You can specify the Internet connection.
- Lets you view active application connections.
- Similar tools: BandwidthPlace, Speed.io and PingTest.
Check out NetSpeedMonitor @ http://www.floriangilles.com/software/netspeedmonitor (By Umar from AllthatIsApple)