Mind maps are diagrams used to represent items (e.g. ideas, tasks, words) arranged around a central idea. They can be easily drawn by hand or digitally on a computer using a mind mapping application such as Mindmaps. It is a free online mind mapping tool that lets you create good looking mind maps right inside your browser.
It’s an easy to use and very intuitive app. You start from one box (your central idea) and branch out using the red button. Double click to edit the text inside each box. Easily undo or redo your moves, copy boxes, change font sizes, colours and more. While there are many mind mapping apps out there, this one is free, dead-simple to use, doesn’t have unnecessary features and gets you started with your mind map almost immediately.
Althought it is an online app, it doesn’t need an Internet connection to keep working. Once you open it in your browser, it keeps working even if you go offline.
- Easy-to-use, intuitive and dead-simple HTML 5 based mind mapping application.
- Free and open source.
- Undo/redo moves.
- Copy, cut boxes.
- Zoom in/out, use Navigator to overview the mind map.
- Works right inside your browser, even when you are offline.
- No registration or installation needed.
- Similar tools: Spiderscribe, Diagramly, Sneffel, and Think.
Check out Mindmaps @ www.drichard.org/mindmaps