In a variety of situations, developers need to CSS-ize their image files and use these CSS versions on websites rather than the actual image files. If you are such a developer looking for a tool to CSS-ize images, you should pay a visit to ImgToCSS.
ImgToCSS is a free and simple to use web tool through which you can easily convert images into CSS code. The source images can be stored on your computer or online. Supported image formats include JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, TIFF, and ICO files. The converted CSS images match their originals pixel-to-pixel. For PNG images, no transparency is lost.
All you have to do is provide the site with the image source and click on the conversion button. The CSS code is then quickly generated and displayed. You can copy this code and use it on your blog or website. In addition to its other uses, this CSS code makes it easier to share images over email as CSS text is not blocked by email servers.
- A user-friendly web tool.
- Lets you convert image files into CSS.
- Supports conversion of JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, and ICO files.
- A helpful resource for web developers.
- Similar tools: Border-Image-Generator, SpriteBox and CSS-Sprit.es.