ihound is an excellent software that helps you track and find stolen gadgets. Once downloaded and installed, it will alert you (via email) as soon as someone connects your device to another computer.
- Track almost any USB device, including Digital Cameras, MP3 Players, Flash Drives, etc. For complete list of supported devices go here.
- Free account: Track up to 3 devices for free.
- Get email alerts as soon as someone tries to connect your device to his/her computer.
- Let’s say a gadget you track got stolen, so how do you get it back? Once your device has been identified and tracked, you will be able to print a customized police report. Just take this report to your local police station and ask them to call the listed Internet Service Provider and obtain the address.
- Currently works on Windows computers only (Mac support is on the way).
- More questions? Go to ‘ihound software’ FAQ page.
[Video] ihound Installation Guide (for text instructions go here)