If you require images for a project you are working on, your first try is to get a suitable image that can be used freely under the Creative Commons license. Mostly people search for such images using various online resources. But now a desktop app called CCFinder performs the same task.
CCFinder is a free to use desktop application for Windows computers. The app’s setup file is sized at nearly 2 MB and requires NET Framework 4.0. When you run the program, you can search for images via keywords and checking one of three options that sets how freely you can use the images. You can also specify whether you want to exclude or include images that can be used commercially and images that can be modified.
Results are loaded quickly. You can click on an image to highlight and then use the Download button to save it on your computer. The image can be also be directly set as your desktop wallpaper through the app.
The app is available for free but a donation of $10 can get you additional color filters for the images you download.
- A user-friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Windows computers.
- Helps find creative commons images.
- Provides a helpful set of usage filters.
- Lets you directly download images.
- Similar tool: Sprixi.
- Also read related article: 10 Tips to Have Fun Using Advanced Google Search for Images.