Why do YouTube videos stop buffering when I lock my phone?

rishi November 3, 2011

When I lock my LG Optimus One P500 phone, YouTube videos do not save the buffering that they have already done and have to start over when I unlock. Can I fix this somehow?

1. Belugawhale3rd

Along with what fidelis was saying... Depending on what kind of phone you have, every time you lock your phone, your data connectivity is sometimes shut off, in your case, your phone has Android os on it and sometimes when you have your battery on "power saver mode", every time you lock it, your 3g/4g is shut off to save your battery life. I suggest checking to see if your battery mode is on this mode in your settings, and maybe also to  change it. The reason of why Youtube starts over from where you locked it from may be an actual application issue that Youtube will have to address in later updates. Hope that helped!

Hello, to avoid that problem it is better if you do not lock your phone when you are buffering YOUTube videos.