Why does this YouTube URL appear in the BCC: field on GMail and how can I remove it?

Frank October 28, 2010

Out of the blue, when I forwarded or composed a new message, entering one address in the TO: field, I got a message that there was a bad address in the BCC: field.

When I went to the BCC: field there was a YouTube URL there that I had not accessed in recent memory. It kept repeating on subsequent emails. Weird.

1. Vivekuno

This type of behaviour is result of spaming virus. In my case too my online yahoo mail started sending anonymous link to friend list. You may look for unwanted toolbar that might you installed in a flow or recent installed software after which problem begin started.

• Frank

I Figured out by process of elimination that one of my Firefox add-ons,
      Greasemonkey 0.8.20100408.6 - was causing the URL residing in my Bcc: field.
      /Frank

Thanks a lot for the update, Frank! Glad it was not malware, but just a failed Greasemonkey script.

Try scanning your system for malware and change the password for your email account. If using a desktop email client, try accessing your email online and see if the issues persists.

3. Ryan

Could be some sort of a virus thats trying to get hits on that particular video. I think if you have a popular youtube channel you can make some money off of it because of the ads that would be placed on your youtube channel.

Just an idea, don't know if it is the right answer... :)