Does the YouTube Android app also have an option for live streaming?

Drsunil V February 10, 2014

By this, I mean to live stream for YouTube accounts which have been enabled for live streaming.

1. yomismo

Ah, you meant livestreaming "with" the app... Lol. That not ;D

2. yomismo

Live content is accessable if you already have a link or have it in Youtube's history -playing it before with the same account on the computer-... Previously, on the left panel there was a "Live" option at the end of all the list along with the generic tabs "sports", "science", etc. etc. but it seems they just dumped it a while ago... Dunno why? XDDD

Live streaming is not available within the mobile app as the devices most likely would not be able to handle such a high amount of internet bandwidth and processing power to record, transcode, and upload the video in real time. It may be available in the future, but I don't see the option happening any time soon. There are some apps or websites that can be accessed by mobile devices that can live stream, but the video tends to lag and stutter horribly, or the video has to be pre-recorded and uploaded. I would not suggest using a mobile device for live streaming unless it would be used as a webcam attached to a computer.

• Drsunil V

Your answer is nice

• Drsunil V

Please tell , that if Google hangout is compatible with mobile phone then why would streaming youtube not work , as both , I understand use almost same bandwidth