Why can’t I see my Yahoo messenger chats?
Question by zia ahmed /

What happens is simply this – when I IM someone, the window opens for chat with the other person, but when I type in the window and then press enter to send, I don’t see that I’ve sent any message. The other person can see it, however. Similarly, whatever the other person writes seems to come to me, but I can’t see it on my end.

This error often occurs because you are using a third party skinning application that modifies the Windows Look/Interface. You need to either remove the program, or open the settings, and disable the skinning of Yahoo! Messenger / YPager in the skinning application’s settings.

Two known programs to cause this are Window Blinds and AlienGUIse. Window Blinds has a “per application” setting to override this. 

or
    downgrade to an older version of Messenger 

in case virus infection
    this problem came up again due to virus infection. in can be fixed through deleting extra key in registry setting. navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings then delete keys other than 0,1,2,3,4. that extra key may be alphabet “I” .

or
    You possibly have scripting disabled in Internet Explorer.
    To Enable your Scripting:
    Click Tools, >>Click Internet Options, >>Click Security tab, Click Custom Level.
    now, Scroll down to 
    Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting – check it to Enable
    Scroll to Scripting – Active Scripting – Check Enable
    Click Apply then Click OK
    CLick OK again.
    now, REstart your Internet Explorer.
    if this is still not working, Update the Software.

After Updating, check that you do not have old versions of Flash Player, Shock Wave player and Java …this causes problems.
    Start/Control Panel/ Programs
    delete the old versions

Also, make sure that your text font color isn’t set to white (same as background color).

you can solve it by deleting the fifth item in your regisrty, if you have !
    This is the a possible solution, of recovering from bug/virus.

start menu >> run >>regedit>>
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings Zones
    if there are 4 items in the list it is normal, if you see fifth, delete it.

see this on video with some bg music :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fLhrt_CX6M

If this does not work, then I am not sure, reinstall y.msngr or update java.

you can use online yahoo messenger : http://webmessenger.yahoo.com
    Or chat from yahoo mail.
    or chat from gmail or use gtalk !