Why is my XP PC displaying a blue screen of death now that I’ve upgraded the memory on it?

Amir October 27, 2014

1- I have installed one module of 256 MB RAM in my computer and it ran smothly. However, when I installed another module of 256 MB RAM and started the computer again, the computer screen turned into blue with the error message “Memory Management” and the computer halted.

2- Secondly, memory options in the BIOS are also grayed out so I cannot access tehm.

Will anyone tell me the solution of these problems?

1. Jan F.

Make sure the two modules are compatible, same standard and clock speeds e.g. DDR-266 (133MHz).
    Make sure your motherboard supports more than 256MB RAM.
    If your motherboard has more than 2 memory slots consult the manual about the correct configuration (which slots to use) for two modules.

Last but not least the size of the modules makes me believe that this is a rather old system so one cannot rule out that the second memory slot simply is damaged.

are the 2 ram the same?
    try to plug the working ram on the other Slot and try to boot, if windows xp boot then the secon ram is not compatible
    you can try to reset cmos battery, update BIOS. Which motherboard do you have.