How can I use the WYSE PocketCloud for Android virtual keyboard to log into Windows?

Rajaa Chowdhury October 30, 2012

I have installed the free WYSE PocketCloud for Android on my Samsung Galaxy Chat GT-B5330. This smartphone has both touch screen and QWERTY keypad and runs Android ICS 4.0.4. I have also installed the PocketCloud Windows Companion. I am using GMail to connect.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate on my desktop. I am having a logon screen. The problem is when the logon screen is getting invoked in my Android smartphone and I have to type in the password, the virtual keyboard is not invoked though I have enabled keyboard auto-activate in the settings on the Android PocketCloud software. Therefore I am trying to type in the password from the Qwerty keypad, but unfortunately, it is only taking the alphabet inputs and not taking the numerical inputs, which I type by pressing the ALT key with the number key combination. This is a Samsung smartphone keypad.

Kindly help with a resolution as otherwise I am not being able to get beyond the initial Windows logon screen.

In G-mail have you setup your desktop as a trusted PC?

Not required.

I have resolved the issue myself with some tinkering with my Android on the virtual keyboard issue. Thanks anyways!!!