What is wrong with my Windows Host Process?

Stephen Forster January 6, 2012

A few days ago I started getting this message “Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed”. How can I fix this?

do you have any left over files from older antimalware progr?

reset windows update
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

1.Open up Task Scheduler.
    2.Expand and go to Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> RAC.
    3.Click on View menu, and then enable Show Hidden Tasks (so that a tick appear beside it).
    4.Right click on RACAgent (Windows Vista) or RACTask (Windows 7), and select Disable so that the status appears as Disabled.

Hello, What is your operating system?  Have you scanned your system for virus/malware lately?  Make sure to give your system full scans with malwarebytes and your antivirus of choice.  If you do not have an antivirus installed, make sure to install one.  I would start with that.  Host process is a windows process so chances are you could probably fix it by using the system file checker.  Make sure to keep your installation disc handy.    To use system file checker, try the following:

-- log in with administrator account
    -- click on start
    -- type cmd in search box
    -- type the following in command prompt:

sfc scannow

-- let the scan run

Let us know how it goes