Would Facebook defer the release of their local friend-finder feature after it was leaked?

DrSunil Vaswani February 27, 2013

Would Facebook defer release of local friend-finder feature after it was revealed via a leak?

They added a “find friends nearby” feature a few months back… now it’s gone. Ideas?

1. Justin Pot

Features are added to and disappear from Facebook all the time. This probably has less to do with any sort of leak and more to do with an overall lack of user interest.

They also test new features by temporarily letting an exclusive few users check it out. Maybe you were simply one of the few, and ultimately they decided the feature wasn't ready and/or isn't useful enough for the site.

• DrSunil Vaswani

Please note that is not question

I did not receive any test feature

But read in the following page http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-04/facebook-is-said-to-create-mobile-location-tracking-app.html

So question is - if fb would actually were to release this feature then as a result of this non-official leak would the feature be postponed?

• Justin Pot

I apologize for my confusion. I think the way to answer this, unless you actually work for Facebook, is to say "I've no idea." I doubt the leak will lead to Facebook delaying release, but I can't speculate as to its intentions.

• DrSunil Vaswani

oh it's ok

You answered very nicely