Why do words overlap in texts on most websites?

Sandra July 11, 2010

On most websites the words overlap and sometimes that makes it hard to read or select. I have no clue what is doing this.

Hey Sandra,

Did you find the answers able helpful? Let us know.

Control + 0 resets it (+ and - keys) only adjust the size.The other thing it could be is that your user-defined stylesheet on your browser has been modified so fonts and styles are different.

Sandra,

which browser are you using? I'm guessing it's Internet Explorer.

It sounds like the font size is too big to wrap into your browser window. Could that be the case? Could you still read the text if the font was smaller?

If yes, then try the following: Hold the [CTRL] key, while you move the mouse wheel backwards. This will zoom out of the website. When you move it forwards, you will zoom back in. If you do not have a mouse wheel on your mouse, you can use the [+] and [-] keys on your keyboard instead.

If no, could you please give us some more details. Which browser are you using? Since when has this been going on? Did you eventually change anything and can you remember what it was?

• Sal

Hi Tina,
      When I Browse the pages on internet Explorer I get black streak of lines....to read the article in need to hit few tmes in the black lines to be able to read....Any Idea?
      sal

Sal,

I'm afraid I have no idea. For a quick answer, I would recommend you to ask a new question.