Can I use WordPress widgets on Blogger and vise versa?

Richard October 14, 2011

Are widgets for WordPress and Blogger compatible? Can I use WordPress widgets on Blogger and vise versa? Thanks!

Depends on the individual widget. If it's just generic HTML/Javascript code, then sure, it can be used on any webpage regardless of if it's blogger or wordpress, or joomla even. 

If you're refering to widget plugins and such that are downloadable through the wordpress plugin interface (or whatever it is they use for blogger), then the answer would be no. You could probably find some generic code that would do the same thing though, if its not specifically related to the blog. Obviously, a widget that shows your blog archives by a tag cloud is going to be specifically coded for a particular service, but chances are there will be one available for your particular blogging service too.