A WordPress Plugin for Custom Registration Page?

Abhigyan January 24, 2010

My college is going to be organizing a fest soon. So, instead of making a website from scratch, we thought that we’d make use of static pages in WordPress to get it up and running quickly.

Now, the thing is that there are obviously, also going to be external colleges who will be registering for the event. I need to provide a registration page for the same. I don’t want to provide a registration interface for the website. Instead, I want it to be a simple registration page that saves the registrations in a database. Is there any plugin that will let me do this?

1. Karrine - Her Media

it sounds like you just want a form to collect registration info - have you considered using google forms ? It will collect the info into an excel chart and you can embed the form into the WP page.

2. the_guv

to give WP more control of users and groups, google "wp plugin Members" .. damn powerful, am developing a site with it at the mo

3. GeekLad

Abhigyan,

Thanks very much for the suggestion you sent Aibek for comment notifications. I've added functionality to send notifications to question submitters when answers have been posted, and I'm just testing it out. Please respond here if you get the message. Thanks.

• Abhigyan

That's great Aibek. I was just surprised that such a trivial feature had been left out. Really glad that you added the feature so soon.

• GeekLad

Yeah it was a feature that I knew required implementation, but I kept forgetting to add it. Thanks for reminding me. :-D

4. admin

Hi Abhigyan

I found two WordPress plugins for that functionality, check them out, they are slightly different.

1. http://www.optiniche.com/blog/297/custom-login-registration-pages/

2. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/registration-form-widget/