What WordPress plugin allows users to upload and vote on photos?

??? ? April 12, 2014

Hi, I just made a new website and I need a plugin for WordPress where users can simply upload photos, then other users can vote for them.

I will also need a “top voted photos” if they’ve got that kind of thing on wordpress…

Thanks!

1. Ryan D

Tall order when it comes to existing WordPress plugins. In the directory, there are really only two decent-looking ones that mention rating systems:

PicsMash - which you can probably utilize as a sort of rating system for the photos on your site. This seems geared more toward user voting, so may be perfect for what you're looking for.

WP Photo Album Plus - This one also mentions that you can enable a rating system for photos but it isn't entirely clear how it works, and there are no screenshots available as far as I can tell, so you may just have to test the plugins to see which works best for you.

Another option is to hire a designer to write a plugin that's customized for exactly what you want, but that would take some funds of course.