Is WordPress a good choice for my video streaming site?

Pravil November 9, 2011

I am planning to design a site through which I will be sharing video tutorials with people. I am planning to add sponsored advertisements as well. Will WordPress suite my requirement? Or is there another blog solution that would work better?

1. Pravil

Thank you for the wishes. I completely agree with you Jay. I think I haven't made my point clear. I meant to say that I am not going ahead with the Video streaming project now. There are some road blocks in front of me right now. I have just kept that on hold. I will defenitely go with the Youtube option suggested by you. I will get back to you again when I start that project :). For now, I am planning to do a different project which have text files. Thanks a lot for your assiatnce and continous follow ups. I really appreciate it.

Cheers!
    Pravil

you are welcome, even i have common cold :)

try this :
    http://forum.siteground.com/showthread.php?11753-FREE-WORDPRESS-THEMES-BY-Mido/page35

i just searched it, dont know how well it work.

• Pravil

Thanks again. I will check that :)

I still think you should have used youtube links embedded, your videos on your site will not be viral or suggested to others if they are not youtube,
        and that can fetch traffic to your site from youtube.
        anyway, good luck :)

3. Praviljithpv

Thanks for your support regarding this Jay. I am sorry I couldn't come online for many days as I was sick. Back to my question. I have parked the Video streaming site for the time being. Now I am planning to have a simple site which will give some training documents. I would like to know if you can suggest some of the ad supported themes which are compatible with WP v3.2.1.

You have a good weekend ahead!

Cheers
    Pravil

4. Pravil

Any further inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
    Pravil.

which option you decided to go with? so according to that I may add something. I recommend youtube because it is simple and more beneficial as described in the previous comment, so tell me how can i help more.

Creating a youtube channel and embedding them to blog will be easier.
    and you can connect to double people. from channel and from youtube.
    that will get you more trafffic. as you will mention your blog link on your youtube channel.

you will have to use some pulgins etc to host videos on wordpress.
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/videopress
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vcb54dphmM

• Pravil

Thank you Jay. That was helpful.

Cheers!
      Pravil

glad to know it helped :)