How can I make a WordPress “Event List” that can handle multi-day events?

Jeremiah Cress March 7, 2012

I followed the MakeUseOf tutorial (“//www.makeuseof.com/tag/events-listing-custom-post-types-wordpress/ How To Make Your Own Events Listing Using Custom Post Types [Wordpress] How To Make Your Own Events Listing Using Custom Post Types [Wordpress] One of the advantages to using Wordpress is its sheer flexibility. Version 3 introduced the concept of Custom Post Types to extend the built-in functionality. Let’s take a look today at what you could do... Read More “) which described very clearly how to use the custom fields in wordpress to make a page dedicated to displaying events. It worked just fine and looks great, but will only show single day events. Is there a way to adjust the code so that I can input multiple custom fields for start and end dates to events (for week long or weekend long events for example)?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Jeremiah, I guess I should answer this. You could create an extra custom field for end_date, and detect if thats present in the events page. If so, change the wording to be " "this event will be held from X to Y". Here's a quick adjustment of the event listing code, to be used instead where it says "add this code just after the_content" in the origianl tutorial. Try this:

http://pastebin.com/sj1LU2LM