How can I use the WordPress 3.0 multisite feature to unite three blogs on one installation?

Vasile Filat June 25, 2010

I have three blogs. Two are actually translations to Russian and English of the original one, which is in Romanian.

As WordPress 3.0 has the ability to be turned in Multisite, I want to bring all of them to one installation. The problem is that the databases are big and the import option offered by WordPress will not function. Also, I suppose there must be some other problems which may happen and I want to avoid.

I checked on the internet, but did not find any information on this. Can you write an article on this? Thank you and may god bless you!

We published a post about this yesterday. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/turn-wordpress-blog-blog-network-wordpress-30/

Basically, follow the instructions, and setup 3 blogs. Then with your old blogs, export your posts and import them into your new one.

I am not sure how the table structure is setup on WordPress 3.0, so just copying an SQL dump probably won't work, and I am not sure if the inbuilt export option exports your comments as well - but it should. Off memory, I think it's in Tools --> Export. Then on your new blog setup on WordPress 3.0 import the file.