How can I use woofers with my computer?

Sanketh November 28, 2011

I have woofer speakers with a green cable for line-in and another orange cable which I don’t know about. How can I use these with my computer?

1. arjunbarasa

my woofer not working on my pc

Hello, do you have speakers already installed?  Is the subwoofer self powered?  Do you have an integrated sound card?  If you have a plain vanilla integrated sound card, it doesn't have a connection for orange cable, but you could use the pink connection.  Usually an orange cable is used for the center/subwoofer out.  What kind of connections does the orange cable have? Does the subwoofer have an in/out connection?

You could try this configuration:
    --front cable-------line-out(green)
    --rear cable--------line in(blue)
    --center/subwoofer cable-----mic-in(pink)  the cable for this could orange, yellow, or pink

If your subwoofer has an in/out input, you could try doing it this way:

-- connect subwoofer's input cable into green connection in computer
    -- if you have speakers, connect the speakers to out connection in subwoofer

When the connections are finish, turn on your computer and access the sound software in your system.  You'll probably have to change the speaker configuration to 5.1.

which brand/model ?
    what type of connector the orange cable has ?
    generally you have to attach the cable with 3.5 jack which i think your line in cable should have, should be attached to computer.

I don' know the technical terminology, but i have seen a connector, which connects two cables of big speakers into one connector that can be attached to any mobile or computer that has one slot for 3.5 jack.

if you can tell us more about the speaker and cables, i will see that such system can be applied here or not.

• Sankethz18

thank for the this frnd but they r the woofer speakers n i  want them to be used with my system
      n it has nothing like adapter connections or nothing

• Jay.0

well, Can you provide some details about the speakers ?
        and I think you can connect them with that line in cable can help to connect the speakers to your pc.