Why won’y my Samsung phone power on?

May 13, 2014

My Samsung phone does not power on. When I charge the battery, it only comes on for a second, shows the Samsung logo and then goes off. What can I do?

1. Tim B

Definitely sounds like a problem with your battery, given that the phone will actually power up briefly and then dies again. Sometimes we encounter problems where the phone won't power up at all, despite being charged and working – but this does not sound like that issue.

I'd take it to a service centre/call in warranty or if the phone is too old then maybe replace or see if you can find another battery yourself.

2. Sam

..hold the power button down for a few seconds, sometimes up to 10 seconds just to make sure.

3. Sam

Have you tried turning it on using the power button? The one on the right edge of the phone. You'd be surprised as to how many people don't know how to do this...

4. thelma

regular samsung galaxy. when I put the bat in the phone. I can feel the phone vibrate in my hand.

is it battery problem, if the battery is drained and cannot be charged anymore then this can explain, best to buy a new battery or to borrow from a friend for checking.
    Also which samsung phone it is?