Why won’t my Samsung tablet charge?

Krystal November 9, 2014

I cant seem to charge my Samsung tablet 7.0 version. Whenever I plug in the charger it has the sign to show it is charging but there is also a ‘x’ sign on top of the charging sign. So now, whenever I plug in my charger it doesn’t charge. I can only do it by switching it off. Please help me.

Jan F is right, also you can try hard reset the tablet (do a backup first) to check if is software problem, check another charger

2. Jan F.

A red 'X' on the battery symbol usually means that your device is USB connected to a computer. Most Samsung tablets will not charge via USB while they are turned on. Consult your manual whether this applies to your tablet.

If you are using a wall charger make sure you are using the original charger and cable. USB wall chargers differ in their output and using the wrong/different one might not supply enough ampere to charge the tablet.