Why won’t my Samsung tablet 2.7.0 turn on

Raheem.spence June 11, 2014

How come my Samsung tablet 2.7.0 won’t turn on?? While it’s turned off and I have it plugged in it’s charging, but when I press the power button it turns on and it comes to the Samsung screen but then turns off and shows the charging bar… Also, when it’s not plugged in and I press the power button it doesn’t turn on. I tried pressing the power and volume buttons but that doesn’t work. And does the Samsung Tablet 2.7.0 have a battery??

Try the steps found in the following link to get into recovery mode. http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/283020-guide-rebooting-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html If you can get into recovery and it stays on, they to clear the cache, and Dalvik cache. If this does not work, you may need to factory reset your tablet to see if it helps.

Something else you can try is charging the tab until full (may need to drain the battery fully before doing this), and then try starting the tab.

2. Alyce C

There are times when certain Factory set applications and softwares stop functioning the way they are supposed to, which means they get corrupt and are supposed to be gotten fixed at the service center. So I will advice you that you must take some help from the Samsung service center, they will re-install those softwares and it will function the same good way again.

if there are updates you can try to update with Samsung Kies, this can be possible if Samsung Kies detect the tablet

To answer your last question first, yes of course, it has a battery. What you describe sounds like problem either with the battery itself, or with the power management unit (a piece of hardware on the motherboard).

Two things you could try first are:

1. Try to drain the battery completely by trying to switch it on, then recharge it again and see if it works. I realise this may not work because it won't switch on in the first place, but it's worth a try.
    2. With the charger connected, try to do a hard reset on your tablet, as explained in http://factory-reset.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-p3100-hard-reset.html .

If neither of these work, take your tablet back to the shop. It's a hardware problem and it's Samsung's responsibility to sort it out.