Why won’t my Samsung Tab 3 won’t turn on or charge?
Question by Anonymous /

I have not used my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for one month and it will not power on and does not appear to take a charge.

• Mac

fix. charge for 10-20 minutes. Pull battery for 2 minutes, plug back in. (yes, you have to remove the back to do this) Plug back into wall charger and press power and hold for 60 seconds. The screen will start showing battery charge. Leave plugged in until battery is full. (6-8 hrs).

• Richard

Mine is doing the same thing, I’ve had my tab 3 since August and it is doing the same thing, I’m about to try to contact samsung and see what they can do..

• Uirel

I’ve tried like five chargers and none work

try with a new charger?

• Dalsan M

Try pressing the Power button for 30 second to 1 minute with the charger cable unplugged, then plug in the charger cable and press the Power button again for 30 seconds to 1 minute. If you were able to remove the battery, I would tell you to start these steps with the battery out so that you could perform a proper power reset.

If the above did not work, try using a lower power source, such as a USB port on a computer, and charge the tablet for several hours to overnight to see if it helps. If still a no-go, then try a higher powered source, such as a car charger or a wall adapter with 2.1 or more amps of power output.

Another thing to consider is that it has been common on Samsung Galaxy S 3 phones for the chip that identifies the health and power of your battery could have blown (This has also been known to occur with the Galaxy Note 3 phones and other Galaxy devices). If this happened, then you may have to use the manufacturer’s warranty to get a replacement tablet. Usually, if you go back to where you purchased the tablet (if it is a brick-and-mortar store), they can help out with getting started on the warranty replacement. Otherwise, call the manufacturer or go to the manufacturer’s support website and contact the manufacturer.