Why won’t my Samsung Galaxy Tab turn on after trying all the usual tricks?

Anonymous May 9, 2014

I am having a problem turning on my Samsung Galaxy Tab. I tried all the solutions that other people mentioned, like holding power button and volume button but it still doesn’t work! Please help.

Also, have you tried holding the power button while touching the screen for about 30 seconds? There isn't a "one-size fits all" solution to the Galaxy "sudden death syndrome". Also, sometimes it takes multiple tries of different suggestions to get the Tab working again. At worst, though, the motherboard would need replacing as one of the chips may have failed (it has been a known issue thought to have been fixed, yet I see this problem occurs often with Samsung Galaxy devices, not so much with any other brands).

Tim's (Hovsep/ha14's) suggestion, the above suggestion, and the following suggestion works most often. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds while unplugged. Place the Tab on the home charger (not a computer USB or third party charger if possible) for about 5 minutes. While still plugged in, press and hold the power button for another 30 seconds. If still no, press the power button and Home button at the same time for 30 seconds. Hopefully you can get this sorted out.

2. Tim B

Hi,

You say you have tried every trick, but I just want to make sure – have you tried this:

"Press and hold both power and volume down buttons for 10 seconds, then release vol. down button while holding down power button for another 10 seconds, before releasing."

Source: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/samsung-galaxy-tab-turn-full-battery/

I say this as it's a bit fiddly, and easy to overlook. Try it again even if you have already, it has worked for so many people.

Let us know if this doesn't work, I'm sure some other readers have some ideas too.

Tim