Why won’t my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 switch on?

July 13, 2014

Hello! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I was talking on Tango and closed the conversation and went out. When I came back the screen was black, tried to turn on but it didn’t respond. Tried holding the power button, power button with home button, power button with home button and volume, still no answer. It’s mentionable that there is no red light plug or unplug. Is there anyone to help me please?

1. Frank Walker

Hi I have the same problem and tried all the switch options to get it to work. Go to youtube with your question and you will see how to remove the back, undo the charging lead and replace it and my starting working again. This seems to be a common problem with samsung and they don't seem inclined to fix it. I was very concerned about mine but it's working fine.

I would leave the charger plugged in for at least 15 minutes and try again with holding the power button for at least 15-20 seconds. Before doing this, though, perform a power reset by removing the battery, and then hold the power button for at least 30 seconds (many have recommended closer to 1 minute). Replace the battery, plug the wall charger into the phone, wait several minutes, and then press the power button again for 15 seconds or so. If you still do not see a red charging light, try a different charger and cable. I would try this a few times before giving up since it may not take the first couple of times. If still no, you may have to take it into your service provider and request a warranty repair or replacement. Ask if they can try a different battery just in case, but generally a Galaxy device that does not have the red charging light that comes on when plugged in means that it is hard-bricked and needs repair/replacement, although this is not always the case.

check if there are updates for Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Telephony-SMS-GSM/Kies.shtml

4. Chinmay S

There was a similar case for Galaxy Tab 2. I suggest you to hold down the power button for more than 15 seconds.
    It will work.

• tyonna jones

it just vibrates and its still not turning on