Why won’t Outlook’s password reset work, and what can I do?

January 8, 2014

Well since Jan 1st 2014 I havn’t been able to access email for my business. I’ve set up a new email to send the reset to but after I answer the questions it just says “the link to reset your password has expired” before I get a chance to use it.

I have tried again today and this time it says the answers weren’t good enough to even receive a link, and this is the third time I’ve tried. I’m desperate and I don’t know what else to do. Please help. Hotmail or Outlook as it’s called is treating me like I’m a criminal – all I want to do is reset my password and read my emails!

Follow the link Hovsep has provided. There are actual people at Microsoft who will read your answers and will get back to you to reset your account (though it may take a few days).

Sign-in and password problems
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/forgotten-password
    You'll be able to contact customer support by filling out an online form. You’ll be asked to provide as much account information as you can.