My won’t Outlook 2007 send out my email messages?

Imposiburu M July 19, 2014

Ever since I re-installed Vista about a week ago, I cannot send e-mails. They all get stuck in the Outbox. The error message reads “The connection to the server was interrupted” (error code 0x800CCC0F). I followed most of the guidelines on this forum that appeared to apply:

• Verified POP3 and SMTP settings and they are OK;
  • Checked anti-virus and firewall settings (Kaspersky IS 2009) but settings also seem to be OK;
  • Created a new Outlook account, didn’t help;
  • Increased time out rate, but no effect;
  • Disabled unnecessary add-ins (leaving Kaspersky, Cloudmark, and Outlook Backup, but they never created problems before), to no avail…

A tip from a forum user (credit to VanguardLH, message of 1/6/2008) was to start Windows in Safe Mode (with Networking), which DOES allow the message to be sent. This would indicate that a program is loading during a normal boot that is interrogating and delaying delivery of mail traffic. How can I find out which program is causing the trouble?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1. Danke S

Configure to show all files/folders:
    Go to Start>Search and at the top select Tools>Folder Options
    Select the View tab
    Display the contents of system folders
    Show hidden files and folders
    Uncheck: Hide protected operating system files
    Click on Apply.
    Next go to the side of the Search box and select All files and folders. Go down to More advanced options.
    Be sure the first three boxes are selected:
    Search System folders
    Search Hidden Files and folders
    Search SubFolders
    In Office 2007 scanpst.exe is in this directory:
    C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12
    See if you can execute scanpst.exe from there by double-clicking on that.

If that works go back and rehide system folders: Start>Search and at the top select Tools>Folder Options
    Select the View tab
    Display the contents of system folders
    Show hidden files and folders
    Check: Hide protected operating system files
    Click on Apply.
    Let me know if that helps.

Error occurs when you send or receive an email message in Outlook or Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

maybe Kaspersky IS 2009 outdated

perhaps your ISP blocking some ports?

This error is usually caused by antivirus programs interfering with the email delivery/retrieval.
    Try disabling Kaspersky. If that helps open up Outlook and go into Tools > Options > Email protection and try disabling "Scan upon sending" and see if that is enough. Otherwise you might have to disable Kaspersky for Outlook entirely.

4. Alan W

Disable all you can from automatic startup and the try to send/recieve email. if not check again all your settings, if you can start your auto-starts one by one until you hit a problem