Why won’t my new cell phone pair with my Nissan Maxima?

Gilberto L August 31, 2014

My Doogee cell phone that operates with Android 4.4.2 does not pair with my 2012 Nissan Maxima.  My previous phone, an LG with a much older version of Android, used to pair perfectly.  Do you have any suggestions what to do?  Can the old version be downloaded to the new phone?

Thank you for your advice I'll contact my dealer

I would suggest going to the next Nissan service center or dealer.

A friend of mine had his car in service duo to cellphone pairing problems for 3 times before they finally had a firmware on the car computer that supported his cell phone.

I would assume you are facing a very similar problem. You are trying to pair an up to date Android firmware with a car computer that probably doesn't support anything newer than Android 2.2, if at all.

If you pair your phone with Nissan Maxima via bluetooth,then it might be the case that newer phones will work with only newer versions of bluetooth profiles i.e. bluetooth version 4.0 of your phone will not pair with your car if it has lower version of bluetooth.