Why won’t Instagram let me register on my new phone?

July 25, 2014

Why when I try to register on Instagram it says “Too many users have been registered on this devise”

(I’m trying to use this app for 1st time and I think that my phone is new)

1. Jeff F

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Let's try a few steps to resolve this issue, shall we?

First,i'm going to ask you to clear Instagram's app cache. This typically resolves most application-specific hostile encounters. But your not done yet! After clearing the cache, proceed to uninstall the app all together. Just to let it know who's in charge.

Next, restart your phone. This should also be done frequently if you have Windows. We don't quite yet understand why this works yet..

Finally, install Instagram's lastest available stable version from an authorized app management repository, such as Google Play.

Also, make sure that you are logging in via the actual log in menu rather than a registration form. This is a common mistake so don't even sweat it, people do that all the time. Sometimes I can't tell the difference between the login menu and the registration menu until I actually read the darn webpage.

If all of this fails, then device is obviously possessed by unholy, god hatin' demons. This is not good and you can usually rid of them by simply reformatting your phone or flashing your ROM (requires ROOT access). We also have several articles on how to do this. Warning! If you are new to flashing ROM's, do not start on a device which depends on uptime and stability.

If none of this helps, respond with your follow-up question and more information about your device, such as the operating system and definitive quality (brand-new, previously used, worn, etc.).

The 1-2-3 Guide To Spring Cleaning Your Android Smartphone - Chris Hoffman

Thank you, that's all.