Why won’t drivers for my HP 1020 printer install on Linux Mint Maya?

Tom-bricemo April 26, 2014

I can’t connect my HP1020 printer to my computer. I run Linux Mint Maya.

I am unable to install drivers: autodetectpkg.exe; FDM37inst.exe.; device-driver.exe; & hpdrivers.exe.; all these are in my ‘Downloads’ file(?). But, when I click on each of these icons, expecting these will install, they do not.

Do I need to tell Linux Mint Maya do something else to get installation to work?

To help you install the drivers for Linux, follow the instructions found here.

Be aware that it takes time between submitting a question and the question being posted to the Q&A forum. From there, it can take additional time before a user views the question and posts an answer. Many of the responses being posted requires moderation before finally being posted in the forum due to ensuring the responses being posted meet MUO guidelines.

2. Rajaa C

Supports only USB and not parallel for HP 1020 with Linux Mint with this driver.

3. Rajaa C