What is the best wireless tablet to use for public speaking presentations?

Mo August 15, 2010

I want to be able to walk around on stage and draw on a tablet whilst the image is being projected on the AV screen through a data projector. I’d love to use the iPad, but it doesn’t currently appear to have the functionality. Happy to be convinced otherwise though as I’m a Mac fan.

The tablet needs to be light and have a decent stylus and drawing program, so that I can draw on blank ‘pages’ as well as existing Powerpoint / keynote slides. Preferably not too expensive as I have enough computers already.

Any recommendations?
Many thanks!

1. sgc

I am also looking for something similar, but I would like to have the ability to:
    -  make/edit/review presentations, documents and spreadsheets while flying on a plane on the way to a conference.
    - Connect easily and seamlessly with projection equipment and/or have an easy, lightweight, mobile projector for small rooms.
    - Allow for simple image editing
    - Play videos for the presentation
    - Ideally, I could draw on it, like you suggest, during the presentation.

Any suggestions?  (Basically, I want a tablet that can handle Microsoft Office "Lite" and connect to a projector)

2. Mpexpert

Check out Tablet Presentation System from Teq AVIT where you get Acer or Samsung tablet with WiD340 Wireless video receiver (Wireless Projector or TV Adapter)

3. Steven

Hi Mo, Did you learn of any good products that aloud you to annotate over PowerPoint while speaking? I do seminars while traveling in various venues and during Q&A at the end I want to go back in my presentations and highlight points of interest relative to questions. Also want to be able to draw normalized bell curves and do shading. I know, I want it all... I wish iPad was a solution. Using one to type this. Thx Steve

• Koro

After working with several solutions I found INTERWRITE MOBI is the solution I prefer for several reasons:
      1.- I can control any computer moving around the classroom and make handwriting annotations over every image or application.
      2.- It's possible to work several students simultaneously (up to 9)
      3.- It has a scrren i which I can see the students responses when they use a response System.

4. Mo

The Dukane AS3 is basically identical to a wacom tablet, just wireless. ie it doesn't have a 'screen' that you can draw directly upon. Which is cool so long as you can spend the time looking up at the AV screen to see what you're doing.

Can anyone recommend the best wireless presentation tablet that you can draw directly onto the screen and see what you are doing that way?

5. Checkdasun

The AS3 by Dukane

Is this the one? http://www.camcor.com/cgi-bin/cat/id=1213019998/Dukane_AS3_RF_AirSlate_3.html

I couldn't find any listings for it on Amazon. Any idea where can I see the price for it?

• Mo

Thanks!

Have been trying to find out it's functionality but info is v scarce. Seems like a Wacom tablet but with a screen but there are NO VIDs of the tablet being used. Here's the cheapest price I've found: http://www.curtisav.com/Dukane-AS3-AirSlate-Interactive-Tablet_p_122.html (sadly US only).

And here's the response I got from the rep at Dukane:
      "Thanks for your interest in Dukane. When using the AS3 with a Mac the AS3 will act as a mouse. You will be able to use any existing software application on your Mac just like you were sitting at your desk using your mouse. You will need to find annotation software for your Mac that accomplishes the capabilities you outline below. The AS3 will only give you mouse control.

The benefit over a standard mouse is that the AS3 will obviously give you a slightly different feel than a standard mouse being that it is a pen and a pad. It will also give you the freedom to move around the room. The AS3 will wirelessly connect to the computer via the included USB receiver.

For purchasing please contact our international distributor below.

International Audio Visual, Inc. (IAVI)
      Obren Milutinovic
      ObrenM@iavi.com"

Any further info much appreciated, and if anyone has video, that would be fabulous...