Wireless Connection doesn’t seem to work any longer

Deneen Wilson February 3, 2010

I work primarily on a wired connection but once a week I take my laptop with me and work wireless. Week before last, my wireless quit working.

We have checked everything we can find to see if it had been turned off or firewalled or anything but we have found nothing that will make the wireless work again.

I’m not sure what caused the problem because I didn’t load any new software or make any changes to my laptop in the week between when it worked and when it didn’t. Any ideas?

1. Garry Jorgensen

I had a friends laptop stop using the wireless network within there home, the end process that work was by deleteing the current wireless profile that is used by many wireless managers and then recreating a new profile , you may want to give this a go, after folling the previous suggestions

2. ├Žnon1mus

Hi Daneen,

What do you mean when you say that it stopped working? Do you still see the wireless adapter in your Network Connections? Launch the Device Manager and check to see if the wireless adapter is functioning properly. If you know the make and model, go to the manufacturer's website and download the updated drivers for the wireless adapter, remove the existing one, restart your computer and install the new driver.

OR perhaps it is just disabled. If you can see it in Network Connections, right click the wireless connection and check if it says "Enable" or "Disable". Enable it if it was disabled.

Let's see if that works.

• Deneen Wilson (Typing Bug VA)

Thank you for your reply. We have tried deleting and reinstalling, reinstalling the driver, disable and/or enable the networking connections, all to no avail. My husband thinks it has something to do with the digital line detector. We have checked all settings and nothing seems to be amiss or turned off or anything else.