Pat

How can I keep the wireless connection from laptop to printer from disappearing?

27 Aug 2010
27 Aug 2010 | |

I have HP Photosmart C8100 wireless printer and Dell Windows XP Professional laptop, also wireless. The wireless router is a Linksys 54G.

About every three months my wireless connection to printer disappears into thin air. HP will NOT help me to renew the connection. I’ve read everything & have not found a solution on how to wirelessly reconnect or how to keep from losing wireless connection. Everyone says “no problem”, but I get no help.

I’m a senior person & don’t wish to carry laptop to printer in other room everytime I want to print something, which is often. I’m sure there has to be a fairly simple solution to get my wireless connection to printer restored, but I’m begging for help in knowing how to do that.