What Wireless Adapter Do I Need?

daniel February 17, 2010

I will be staying in a motel for 12 days a month, for the next four months. I have a desktop computer that I will be using while in the motel. Is the wireless signal strong enough for my computer?

1. Taty

You can find out if you have a wireless adapter by going to control panel> under "classic view" select System > To the left select "device manager"
    See if you have one there. If not, follow Aibeik's link to get one.

Since the motel offers a wireless connection I assume that whoever deployed it made sure that signal is strong enough for all guests.

Before you can connect to the internet on your desktop via motel's wifi you need to make sure your desktop has a wireless adapter. It's something that most laptops have and desktops don't. So make sure to check your desktop specs. If not you can always buy a USB Wireless Adpater for $30-$60.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=usb+wlan+wireless+adapter+&x=0&y=0