How can I get into my Windows XP PC I lost my administrator password and can’t access safe mode?

rab October 12, 2012

I found a keylogger on my desktop (an older model Compaq Evo running XP Pro) so I made a password and locked my system but my wife accidentally threw it away.

Is there a way I can get around the administrator password besides safemode because pressing F8 won’t boot into safe mode.

1. The Answerer

Try to pres F8 before the computer shows logo, then scroll down with the arrow key and click safe mode. Or, on the login screen, instead of clicking a user, press:
    CTRL ALT DELETE

And type in for username: Administrator Password:(Leave it blank)

Hope I helped!

2. Yiz Borol

Ophcrack is also a good option, it's pretty simple and works for passwords less than 13 characters (over that just takes a very long time (years...)

• Harish Jonnalagadda

Worked so well for me over the years, thanks!

4. Sabby Kutty

try with hiren's boot cd..hopes it works!!

5. kckumarraja

it is very useful to gain knowledge from this website and the much useful content which is very................................helpful

You could always use something along the lines of Hiren's Boot CD to remove the admin password or use a Linux LiveCD to remove or reset the password.