Where can I get Windows Vista?

ritz November 22, 2011

I have a Sony laptop. When I bought it, I got Windows Vista Home Premium and I have the serial key also. Now I am using Windows 7 Professional, which got crashed yesterday.

Actually, my question is, if I download Windows Vista Home Premium from torrent and if I use my serial key, which I have, will it get activated?

If yes, can you get me the link to download  Windows Vista Home Premium?

1. Rich Wyatt

good luck. most torrents have removed all software of any use to ordinary people, I suggest going to a store and purchasing the software or go through the Sony web page,

1. Yes, you can use the same serial, because you won't have changed your hardware at all, I assume. It should activiate fine.

2. We don't post links to torrents. If you search for yourself at piratebay, you can find it. Just make sure you download from a reputable uploader - one with a green or pink skull and crossbones next to their username. 

3. blue5ft3

Did you try the page of the company that you purchased it from? I got backup disks replaced by HP, who my old vista machine is from for 10 dollars I think it was, good to keep another system running I am on a new Imac this past 3 months.

you can get another dvd and activate with your genuine serial, unless the serial is for a special Windows DVD, maybe you will need to activate via phone.

microsoft site does not provide download option anymore for vista, i think.
    search torrents or get a disc from a friend
     old quest :
    http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/download-windows-vista-home-premium/

• Jeff

Unfortunately, downloading a torrent of Microsoft Windows Vista is illegal (even if they don't provide it on their website)

You can probably find a Windows Vista disk in a dumpster somewhere. Just kidding, Microsoft is really urging new users to focus on Windows 7.

yes, as i have said earlier, it depends on the uploader, the content is safe or not, whether it is on torrent or anywhere else.
        yes, windows 7 has focus, it may transfer to focus to windows 8  like it happened with xp.
        but it is not impossible to find a vista disc,  if you ask everyone you know.
        as the person particularly wants vista only :)
        and yes Ritz I think it will work.

Hello, if you can get an OEM disk that matches the license attached to your laptop, chances are it will install.  If you are familiar with torrents, I am sure you can look and find a file by yourself, you do not need our help for that.