Why does Windows ask me for the system disk?

Sachin November 8, 2011

I recently built my computer and installed Windows 7 on it using a friend’s disk. I disabled updates because it had caused the computer to crash previously. Now, the computer slows down drastically every few days and then crashes. When I reboot, it asks for the system disk. Can I copy the system disk somehow so that I don’t have to borrow it from my friend? And does anyone know the source of the error? I’m using 4Gb of RAM with an Intel Core processor, in case that matters.

If windows is not genuine possible then Microsoft is doing something like starts to disable wall paper and eventually refuse to boot.

Not sure what you mean by " system disk" error, but you could be referring to the message the BIOS gives in the event there is no useable hard drive. In that case, you hard disk cables may have come loose, the drive has died. You can fix cables, but of the hard disk is dead the you haw no choice but to replace it and reinstall from your friends disk again.

Ps, we don't condone piracy

Hello, if you have the Ultimate, Home Premium and Pro you can download the .iso files at the link below.  Make sure to download the version that is same as yours. 

http://www.mydigitallife.info/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ultimate-professional-and-home-premium/

If you do not have one of the versions which versions are not included in the link above, you could ask your friend for his disk and make an .iso image of it, then just burn it to DVD.

I am afraid that with the description you have given, there are not enough facts or information to even take a guess.  Is there any error?  if there is, what is the error?  Have you checked event viewer to check for errors logged there?.  To check your event viewer do the following:

-- click on start
    -- type event in the search box and press enter
    -- expand windows logs
    -- check the setup, system and Applications logs
    -- if there are errors, make sure to record the error number and event id so that you can research it or post here

Is there a blue screen when computer crashes?  Does the computer restart? or just freezes?  If you are getting blue screen make sure to record the error and the driver given the error.  If you want to try an troubleshoot the problem, you can use software like the following to debug blue screen errors:

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

If the computer just restarts, make sure to disable system restarts.  You can do this in two different ways.  First way, would be when restarting keep pressing F8, once the advanced recovery menu appears, scroll down until you reach disable restart at system failure and press enter.  Second way would be doing the following:

-- click on windows key + Pause Break
    -- on left hand side menu, select advanced system settings
    -- enter password if needed
    -- under heading startup and Recovery, select Settings
    -- take the checkmark off Automatically Restart
    -- click on ok and ok

Are your drivers up to date?  Have you check by Using Windows update and also the manufacturer's for graphic, ethernet, chipset, etc?  Have you scanned your computer with your antimalware/antivirus software?  If you get the disk, you can also try using the sfc command.  The system file checker will check the files installed in your computer and compares them with the original files.  If a file is missing/corrupt, it will replace it, so sometimes it is necessary to have the installation disk handy.  To use sfc command do the following:

-- click on start
    -- type command prompt or cmd in search bar and press enter
    -- when command prompt opens type the following:

sfc /scannow

-- wait till scan finishes.

There are more things you can try but I would start with the steps above and if for some reason you can not find the culprit/culprits you can post back with more info and we can take it from there.