Why does Windows Movie Maker keep crashing?
Question by Osama /

I use Windows Movie Maker for my video editing purposes. But few days back my WMM started crashing randomly, even when cutting a tiny mp3 or avi file. It’s so frustrating and it’s getting useless for me now. I do save after each step, but it’s hard to terminate it and restart it again.

What to do now? I am using Windows XP SP2 and I don’t wanna upgrade to Windows Vista or Windows 7.

• Smith2markus

Not until a week ago, everytime, I open Movie Maker I always get this error message: “Sorry, Movie Maker can’t start. Make sure you computer meets the minimum requirements before trying to start Movie Maker again, and then try to update the driver for your video card if Movie Maker still doesn’t start.” But this really sucks because the video card driver is up to date. Besides, it was just working about a week ago. Can somebody help me?

Markus,

for a better chance to receive a reply, I recommend that you post a new question.

• ItIsAMonkeyWorld

Hello Monkeys,

WMM keeps crashing because it is a Microsoft product. WAKE UP!

Why are you not running SP3? You software is no longer supported by Microsoft, unless you upgrade to SP3. It is a free Service Pack, and you really need it, You are currently not receiving updates for your computer to are necessary for browsing the Web.

I would do a repair in Add/Remove Programs, If that does not work reinstall.

If you have to reinstall, good luck… Microsoft no longer supports 2.1 . If you can not find the installer, There is the new Windows Live Movie Maker.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker?os=other