Why does Windows Media Player 12 show a script error when trying to use ‘Find album info’ option?

Mayank July 3, 2011

As The Question Title Says..
Whenever I try to use the “Find album info” option to find media info for any song/album it shows a script error.

1. Dimplez

I have tried everything and there still is no help.

2. Stoneyswamp

I use Opera browser, and I "deleted private data", as well as running CCleaner and there is no longer a "script error".

Thanks for sharing your solution!

3. Ghost

I've tried all 4 methods, and nothing is working for me. This is getting so frustrating.

• Thomasmary

I have the same problem....

The question was asked again here, maybe someone will be able to answer it.

• Thomasmary

Tried the method referred to.
          All went well until I tried to run regsvr32 jscript.dll.
          Got an error message
          "The module "jscript.dll was loaded but the call to
          DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x0004005".

• Thomasmary

Fixed it.
          Ran Norton Registry and File Cleanup and the problem went away.
          Must have been a combination of reinstalling media player and Norton, since I ran Norton earlier and it didn't fix the problem.

Thanks for sharing your solution, Thomas!

Mayanak,

did you solve the script error problem? Please update us!

• Mayank

It's Mayank.. LOL.. :)

And Yeah Problem Solved, Method 4 Worked For Me.
      Thanx To ha14 Once Again.

Method 1
    Try uninstalling and re-installing Windows Media Player:-Click Start, and then click Control Panel.-Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.-In the tasks pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.-In the list of windows features, clear the check box next to Windows Media Player.-You receive a warning message in a pop-up window. Click Yes.-Restart the computer.-Once again go to Turn Windows features on or off.-In the list of windows features, put a check mark next to Windows Media Player.-You receive a warning message in a pop-up window. Click Yes.-Restart the computer again.

Metod 2
    In Your IE9 open manage addons click on currently loaded addons and change it to all addons and disable the addon of windows media play

Method 3

enable "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting" in IE's security settings, the find album info window should works fin

Method 4
    Go into IE Security and add the url
    (http://fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com)
    to the trusted sites zone. Then enable the "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting" just for Trusted Sites.Then if you surf on the net deactivate the setting.

What should you do about Internet Explorer script errors?http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-should-you-do-about-Internet-Explorer-script-errors

• Mayank

Thanx ha14, Method 4 Worked For Me...
      Really Thanx...