Why can Windows no longer install updates for Avast?

sandra Ign October 15, 2012

I just have a question about Windows 7 Updates and the Windows Firewall. For three months I have had the newer version of Windows 7 with original Microsoft Office 2010. Also got a full version, but I think it was a demo of Antivir AVAST.

For 1 – 2 days Windows could install whole updates and since then has been showing an error that it could not install. The funniest is, Windows can always install “Windows Defender”. Since I got Avast on it, Windows Firewall never did work. When I click on Avast, the window closes, but Firewall isn’t activated. I tried Norton 360 and Windows Firewall worked very well.

I hope you can help me.

My best friend who made my PC told me if I had more trouble with Windows Update, it’s a technical error from my computer retailer. I bought it because it’s a German company called Medion. Afterwards I heard that many things are very bad with this company.