Why does Windows Live Mail no longer search email content?

Asheq October 25, 2011

I have had Windows 7 (64 bit) for a while now and have been using Windows Live Mail (2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) for the last one year. I could always search any email from the search tab within Windows Live Mail. However, ever since yesterday none of my searches were coming up. When I looked into it, only searched words in the “Subject lines” showed up and not the words in the email content. I know that I did not install any new programs or any significant updates recently.

I also checked the Windows indexing option and found that filter extensions eml, nws and rss are all selected. However beside these extensions the filter descriptions says “Registered IFilter Is Not Found” where it should say “Windows Live MIME filter”. How can I FIX this?

FYI: I know updating Windows Live Mail to the 2011 version might solve this, however, I do not like that version. Also, things were working great until yesterday so looking for a fix.
Appreciate it!

There is a hotfix for windows 7 64bits
    Using Windows Search to search for Windows Live Mail e-mail will return incomplete results on Windows 7 64-bit Operating Systems
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969165

In the "find" dialog you need to push the "Browse" button to select the entire
    account folder (above the Inbox). By default the find dialog box goes to Inbox
    when it first appears, hence the need to browse "up".

Do you have more than 5000 mails ?
    delete mails as many as possible, and get below 5000.
    empty junk and sent item.

this is what micrsoft said to the person in this forum :
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/onlineservices/thread/d4f9f804-0dbb-419a-8767-3fb7fe6ab6e3

o make Windows Live Hotmail more efficient, the Windows
    Live Hotmail software development team restricted the Search feature so
    that it does not work if your account holds more than 5,000 e-mail
    messages. If you want to continue to use the Search functionality, we
    recommend that you use one of the following methods:
    - Delete messages from your mailbox. The best locations from which to
    delete messages are the "Sent Messages", "Junk" and "Deleted" folders.