Why does my Windows laptop touchpad stop working after five minutes?

Anonymous May 5, 2014

My touch pad on my new ASUS laptop only works for about five minutes then just doesn’t move. I have to plug a mouse in every time.

I went on to settings and it says everything works fine with the mouse.

Why is it not working?

Check to see if there are any driver updates for your laptop. http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1 Also check to see if Windows is updated. If all of the drivers and Windows are updated the issue still occurs, go into Device Manager, scroll to the mouse/input devices, uninstall (do not delete) the driver for your touchpad, and then restart your laptop. This should reinstall the drivers or install basic drivers for your touchpad.

2. M.redcomit

May be touchpad sensor problem is there.

when the problem started to appear? it is possible that windows update disable touchpad during updates!

"Control Panel-Mouse-Mouse Properties -Device Settings-touchpad-click enable
    you can try fn + f9

you can try to see in taskmanager anything suspicious or it is launched after 5 min?

you can try to reinstall touchpad driver