Why am I seeing a ‘Windows not genuine’ message on my new Windows 7 laptop?

i nyoman murjaya August 13, 2010

After recently running Windows update, this message suddenly appeared: This copy of Windows is not genuine. How come? I have a new Windows 7 laptop.

1. halo

hey...1st of all check is ur copy pirated or original......if it is pirated....u can make it genuine in simple way....here i wil give u a link.just go to it n download...u wil have instructions to activte in text document....scanned with bitdefender n kaspersky....i hav made my os genuine by the same process..here is the link."http://www.kickasstorrents.com/new-windows-7-activator-2010-blaze69-t3503832.html"..enjoy......hav a nice day

The same thing happened to me. You probably didn't activate Windows after setting up your laptop. You can fix this easily.

When you log on Windows 7, you should see a window with a few options on how to activate your copy of Windows 7. Just follow the 'Re-enter product key' link. Since the laptop is new, you should find a 'Windows 7' sticker revealing the product key at its bottom.

Once the product key was verified, you need to activate your copy of Windows online. Just connect to the internet and click 'Activate Windows online now' option. You can also launch this process later via the Control Panel > System and Security > System.

Please let us know whether this answer helped you resolving the problem. Thank you!