Why can Windows not find my E drive?

Buddah February 21, 2011

Every time I switch on my PC it gives me an error message that drive E cannot be found. The message appears more than 10 times when I cancel it. What is it?

Buddah,

do you still require help regarding the recognition of your E drive in Windows?

Well possible you didnt ejected well the external hard drive. Go to your device manager and expand each item and look for a sign (yellow)! Once found right click on it and uninstal then reboot.

Possible also is your cd/dv drive, this can happen if you uninstalled a burning software.

You can try a restore point that can fix this problem.

Hello, if it is not external storage, it could also be a mapped network drive.

Buddah,

do you have a drive E? What kind of hardware is it and how is it connected to your computer?

Is there a software booting with your computer that might be looking for an external storage device, for example a USB thumb drive?