Why can Windows not complete the installation?

Alex Gravatt May 13, 2012

Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer restart the installation.

This is what happened after I reset my computer. What do I do to fix it? Even if I restart, the same message will appear.

I have the same problem
    It started after I changed the laptop's GPU.
    the ram is fine
    the hdd too

Hello, does the installation process gets interrupted at same spot? I had a computer brought to me before where the installation would stop at 11% all the time. What I ended up doing was using a program to check for bad sectors and repair them. this program work with or without operating system installed. This process takes a long time specially if you have a drive with big storage. What the program does is check for bad sectors, fixes them and goes to next sector. After running the program, I proceeded to install the operating system and installation finished succesfully. It might be worth it for you to give it a try. There are three possibilities for you, two of them are paid and one if free.

Free program: HDAT2:

Paid Options:
    SPINRITE: http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

HDD Regenerator: https://store3.esellerate.net/store/checkout/CustomLayout.aspx?l=&ClickID=&s=STR793615240&pc=&page=OnePageMoreInfo.htm

Are you using a CD or a USB drive to install Windows? If it's a CD: Is it a copy or an original CD?

If you encounter the error during a Windows 7 installation you can try "Startup Repair"

Did you deleted the former windows installation, which windows are you trying to install, is it a laptop?
    idf its old configuration perhaps do not support newer windows version

In BIOS Set SATA controller to AHCI first to try install, then IDE mode if this fails